What is Massage for the Mature/Senior Person?
Today, people can remain active, vibrant and healthy throughout their lives. However, many seniors are inactive, bored, and depressed. Some are confined to their home, a care facility, or bed. Often, they do not receive the personal attention they need, and their caregivers just can’t do it all.
Massage is wonderful for this stage of life, providing much-needed, gentle, caring touch for all levels of health, even including palliative care.
What are the Benefits of Massage for the Mature Person?
• Softens hardened muscle tissue, eliminates spasms, relieves “knots” & cramps
• Eases pain & discomfort
• Alleviates insomnia & promotes restful sleep
• Prevents muscle atrophy & bedsores in the inactive person
• Increases circulation & oxygen supply to the body
• Improves body heat distribution
• Lubricates the skin
• Fosters a positive attitude
• Speeds recovery from surgery
• Speeds recovery from stroke
Gift Certificates are available for Home or Office Visits.